This is one of the easiest recipes and it has become a staple in our house. We will often use it as a back-up plan since it requires few ingredients and is quick to prepare. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 Green Peppers
- 1 lb 90/10 ground beef
- 1 cup tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup (4oz) mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Wash and cut green peppers into halves. Clean out seeds.
- Heat pepper halves in oven or microwave for 7 minutes to soften.
- Brown the ground beef in skillet. Add minced garlic, tomato-basil sauce, and salt and pepper for taste.
- Scoop the mixture into the pepper halves and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Heat in the oven or microwave for 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
Substitute other meats for ground beef. We have used ground deer meat which turned out great, but ground turkey or shredded chicken would be good too. Black beans and rice can be a non-meat substitute.
For additional grains, cooked whole grain rice or quinoa can be added to mixture or served as a side.
For additional vegetables (but extra prep time), add in onions, squash, zucchini, or green beans to skillet.