Hot drinks can be soothing when you’re feeling ill. This tea has added benefits with it’s ingredients. Honey acts a cough suppressant plus has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. Lemon contains vitamin C which can help shorten the length of a cold if you boost your intake when symptoms first start. Ginger can help loosen congestion, soothe sore throats, and ease nausea.
Honey Lemon Ginger Tea for Cold, Flu and Nausea
- 1 TBSP Fresh Ginger Root
- 1/2 Lemon - Squeezed
- 1 TBSP Honey
- Bring water to boil.
- Peel skin from fresh ginger root - a spoon works best to peel around the grooves
- Roughly grate 1 TBSP ginger into a bowl
- Pour boiling water over ginger and allow to steep at least 5 minutes
- In mug, mix 1/2 squeezed lemon and 1 TBSP honey
- Strain ginger root from water and pour into mug with lemon and honey